As a business owner, you know “Staying in Contact” is a big deal, but these days so is being “Contactless”.
Contactless payments are a fast, more secure, and hygienic way to make purchases with a debit or credit card, or a mobile wallet such as Apple Pay® and Google Pay™. Read on to learn why it’s becoming an increasingly popular and advantageous payment method for you as well as your customers.
What are Contactless Payments?
As the name suggests, it is a payment that you take using either a smartphone or a chip card that doesn't require physical contact from your customer to your payment solution.
Here are a few of the great benefits to Contactless Processing:
- No need to swipe or insert cards, enter PINs, or sign.
- Process more transactions in less time with fewer cashiers
- Reduce customer wait time, increase customer satisfaction
There are many payment solutions that support contactless payments
- No need to pass cards back and forth
- No direct contact with cards or readers
- No need to use a stylus used by numerous others
As you can see, there are HUGE
benefits to adding contactless capabilities to your business. PLUS
according to A.T. Kearney, an American Management Consulting Firm, it is estimated that 56% of all cards in use will be contactless by the end of 20223!