Have you ever had a situation where you knew you had reached the breaking point? Where ENOUGH was finally ENOUGH? As a business owner, I can tell you that I have had several of those points over the years and I believe the way we chose to address them has made all the difference in the way our company operates today. In the world of Credit Card Processing there are a few areas that should simply cause any business owner to draw the Enough is Enough line: they are listed below for your consideration.
Integrity is a big BUZZ word and it seems as if every company uses it to describe their offerings after all, who doesn't want to work with a company of integrity? While there are definitely some solid companies in our industry, the integrity based ones are few and far between. Since there is no such thing as a temporary lapse of integrity, dishonesty is definitely one of those Enough is Enough topics. Here are a few questions to help you determine if you are working with a credit card processing company that has a base of integrity!
- Do the reps do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it?
- Does the contract mirror the promises of the sales representative?
- Are funds deposited when promised?
- Did you end up in an additional contracts when you signed up for service?
APATHY & SLOW SERVICE
Every day, business owners have a ‘todo’ list that would rival that of most small nations! When a challenge arises with your credit card acceptance, you simply do not have the time to be engaged in long, drawn out resolution processes. Funds that are being held or terminal challenges need to be addressed as if the service representative were dealing with their own money and their own hectic schedule. Here are a few questions to help you determine if Apathy or Slow Service have gotten to the Enough is Enough stage:
- Do you have a sense that the company is working to resolve a challenge as quickly as possible?
- Does the support representative seem engaged; as if they are part of your team?
- Are any challenges met with a sincere apology for the trouble followed by outlined steps for resolutions?
Too many companies have gone the route of groceries today! You know what I mean; you run out of something, run to the store and select whichever product is the least expensive- there is very little interaction as the clerk simply scans and accepts your payment and you are on your way. I love getting the best price when it comes to any product or service but when the service quality or selections come down to price alone; the industry becomes no better than a commodity. Here are a few questions to help you determine if your processor has slipped into the commodity lane and whether it is time for you to say Enough is Enough!
- Is price the only thing that matters to your sales rep?
- Are you provided with options for your business both now AND later- when your business grows?
- Does your processor actively engage with you AFTER the sale?
- Do you feel as if you are developing a long term partnership or does your experience feel more like that grocery experience
Just like our own businesses, no company is perfect and mistakes are bound to happen. But allowing vendors to be dishonest, provide a mediocre experience and commoditize the services that are critically important to our companies, does not yield good results! Know where your Enough is Enough line is for your business and for those who serve you!