There are lots of great reasons to consider gift cards but here are a few of the most basic to consider as the holiday season gets ready to make its big debut!
WHY ARE GIFT CARDS BETTER THAN GIFT CERTIFICATES?
Gift Cards are secure, unlike gift certificates, so they can be placed on display to spur impulse buying.
- If the Gift Card value is not fully used, the balance remains on the card.
- Gift Cards are perfect for chained accounts (think Saturday Markets, multiple locations).
- Gift Cards reduce the administrative costs that often accompany paper certificates.
- Often times, customers will spend beyond the amount on their Gift Card.
- People LOVE to give & receive gift cards these days so they might as well have yours as an option.
- Gift Cards serve as a colorful, pocket sized advertisement that your clients can carry with them.
- Gift Cards are great promotional items (if a customer spends $50 you could give them a $10 gift card to use on a future purchase- for example).
- Research shows that Gift Certificate sales increase 10% to 15% when replaced with Gift Cards.
The window is getting smaller with regard to being able to order, create and ship Gift Cards before the holidays are upon us! Call your Total Merchant Concepts team right away to determine if accepting gift cards is a good option for your company! We can help you weigh and measure the costs and the benefits to determine if this great value added service will help you grow your business!