As we stare down the remainder of 2021- it's time to do what business owners typically do several times per year: Review, Refocus and Refuel.
Consider asking yourself these questions- we are talking business, but this also works personally!! Honest assessments and reviews will help you understand what went well and where improvements can be made.
- What worked this year?
- What did not work?
- Are there specific areas in your business that need attention?
- What would you do differently to increase/improve results?
Now that you have identified some areas where you need to focus, take immediate action, and create your plan. Lots of business owners consider the items that need attention however, fewer literally write them down and create an action plan! Committing your 'To Do' list to paper increases your odds of success; consider some of these items for your list:
- What additional training can I add to my team?
- How do we get people to see us as the 'Expert' in our field?
- Are my days organized for productivity?
- Have I considered a business mentor or coach?
In order to get our task list done and accomplish the goals we set for ourselves in the New Year (and anytime!), we have to find our motivation and one of the best ways I know is to THINK BIG! It feels good to know you are reaching for something and being creative. With the technology available today, there are tons of ways to be creative and refuel your spirit- some of these ideas may be helpful!
- Have I set time aside for myself personally? (strong leadership requires some alone time!)
- Do I have time scheduled for Social Media/Networking/Research?
- Do I have items on my list for giving back to the community?
- Do I celebrate my victories?
We have one month left in 2021! Plenty of time to follow in the footsteps of one Jolly Old Elf! Check that list- (wouldn't be a bad idea to check it twice!)
2022 is going to ROCK!